Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Lilly + Retro Jade

Silk top with sash (size small):  Lilly Pulitzer (2010 I think)
Double serge wool No. 2 pencil skirt in retro jade (size 6): J.Crew, fall 2012
Heels: Joan & David
I don't have many vices in life.  (Well, unless you consider shopping a vice...which I am pretty sure my husband does...).  I don't smoke, I don't drink daily, I don't gorge on unhealthy food too often.  I do, however, have a Starbucks addiction.  It's just a nice 3 PM pick me up.  Once in a blue moon, if I'm really craving something sweet I will go for a mocha or a caramel macchiato.  But most often my order is a tall blonde (their more mild coffee) with room for cream. 

I had to wear another Lilly piece today.  I can't believe I didn't wear this blouse at all last summer.  It's a really fun, whimsical print that reminds me of something you'd see at Anthro.  It paired nicely with the retro jade pencil skirt, which will likely be packed away with my other winter items after today. 

As much as I love chunky costume jewelry and statement pieces, my favorite is still my simple strand of pearls that was a Mother's Day gift from my husband a few years ago.  It always looks right, no matter the outfit.

Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

  1. Out of curiosity, why are you packing away this pencil skirt? I only ask because I own the same thing and would probably continue to wear it for several months, I guess because the color seems so spring-like to me. Just curious if I'm committing some kind of faux-pas by doing so.

    I think this outfit looks great, by the way. I have a similar shirt that I would never have thought of pairing with this skirt, but I plan on doing so now! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't think you're doing anything wrong by wearing this wool skirts in the spring! I just tend to get too hot in them when the weather gets above 70 degrees or so.

      Thanks so much, I hope you love the pairing of your retro jade skirt and your top! I enjoyed this outfit!

      Delete
  2. Aloha from Hawaii! This outfit is so beautiful and feminine, and the bows on the shoes tie everything together so nicely. I also have this same gorgeous skirt, and the color is one of my favorites. But since we don't have seasons here, I wear my Crew woolens on rainy/grey days. Many mahalos for your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you're reading my little blom from Hawaii! One of my dearest friends is a doctor in Hawaii, I always ask him how an Ohio boy ended up living in Hawaii! :)

      I'm so happy you're reading! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. I recently subscribed to your blog, and I want to thank you for your inspirations. I had noticed (or my daughter helped me notice) that I was not wearing color much these days, and I do LOVE color. So with your updates as a guide to get me going, I have started wearing it much more, and I am happier for it, not to mention receiving more compliments these days. Thank you, you made a difference in my life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I seriously think this is the nicest comment I have ever received! Thank you so much, and I'm so glad you are having fun with colors! It really does brighten one's outlook I believe! Thank you so much for reading, I'm so happy you're here!

      Delete
  4. You wear this beautifully! Elegant, lovely, classy outfit.

    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete