Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pink, gray, and ruffles

Lightweight trifle cardigan in heather gray (size medium):  J.Crew, 2010
Kelsey silk top in ivory (size 6): J.Crew, 2010
Wool cafe capri in romance pink herringbone (size 6 Tall): J.Crew, fall 2012
Garrah pump in black:  Banana Republic, here
Thanks to everyone for such nice comments on the picture of me and my boys from yesterday.  Your kind words made my day! 

I have loved the combination of pink and gray every since I was a little girl.  It's just so soft and pretty.  I had told  the lovelyTasia over at Ruffles and Sequins that I was trying to incorporate more neutrals into my wardrobe.  I am such an odd ball...most people have to make an effort to incorporate more color into their wardrobes.  I, on the other hand, lover of all things bright and colorful, am working to do the opposite!  Not that my love for color has waned at all...I just think that neutrals look so nice and classic with colored pants and jeans.  (The darling Apples and Pencil Skirts has a great comprehensive review of how to wear colored pants on her blog, here.)  So anyway, I dug out this totally unloved but very cute gray cardigan and ivory top to wear with my pink capris today, and I really liked how it turned out. These pink wool herringbone cafe capris are perfect for early spring, aren't they?  I love that they're lined. 

Online prices vary so widely from in-store prices, no matter what the retailer.  These heels are still full price of $110 online, but I lucked out on an extra 40% off day in Banana Republic and bought them for a mere $32.00.  That's just crazy isn't it? 

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. 32.00? holy cow - that's a bargain!
    the pink with the grey and white looks fantastic here - i just wish it was spring already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BR heels for $32--did I read that right?! Wow, lucky you! I feel the same way as you do about wearing bright colors, and I forget how important it is to also have some neutral items to pair all of those colorful items with! Pink and gray is such a sweet combination. Thanks so much for the link love!

    ReplyDelete