Sunday, March 17, 2013

Jules dress in scroll print

Jules dress in scroll print (size 4): J.Crew, other variations here and here
Black patent leather pumps: Jessica Simpson
Goldcoast Maryanne handbag in maraschino:  Kate Spade
I can't believe I'm actually wearing a Jules dress!  Most variations of  the Jules have been far too short for my 5'10" frame. When I tried the scroll print Jules dress during a review set, here , I loved it.  Yes, it's still very short, but I didn't feel scandalous in it, especially since the sleeves and neckline are so modest.  This dress sold out online almost immediately, but my local J.Crew still had a few.  When it finally went down to $129.99, the size 4 was gone, but one of the wonderful sales associates here in Cincinnati tracked it down for me.  Even better, I got it with the additional 30% off, so it was around $94.00.  Not too outrageous for a fun, pretty printed dress that I will wear for years to come. 

I wore this to my early-birthday dinner at the historic Cincinnati landmark, Orchids at Palm Court. Seriously, if you live in or around Cincinnati, or ever visit here, you simply must dine there, or at least have a drink at the historic bar.  Gorgeous art deco setting and delicious food!  Cincinnati Magazine recently ranked it as the top restaurant in Cincinnati, and I can understand why.  The food, and service were impeccable.  Here was the dessert we ordered, after a fantastic meal of chateaubriand.


How fun is that?  The pastry chef at the restaurant was a contender on Top Chef Desserts a few seasons ago.  It was delicious!

Hope you are having a fantastic weekend.  Thanks for reading!



9 comments:

  1. Oh my! The Jules is gorgeous on you, so glad it fit your tall frame so well :) And those pumps look fantastic - great cut. Happy belated birthday, Jeannie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B-day!!! You look gorgeous, love the Jules dress :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday and love your birthday outfit! Faboosh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I want that Jules dress. It is so pretty and will be perfect for spring. Many birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I am already looking for a reason to wear it again!

      Delete