Sunday, February 24, 2013

Review: J.Crew Factory printed washed silk tee and comparison to J.Crew's gondola striped tee

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend!  I recently ordered the Factory printed washed silk tee and I wanted to give you a review in case you are looking at it yourself.  I bought it last week when J.Crew had the 30% off plus free shipping promo, so I paid $45.00 for it.  I was hoping it would be similar to its predecessor, J.Crew's gondola striped top (see me in it here) from last summer, and it is! 

First, a comparison shot of the two:

J.Crew Gondola striped top, summer 2012
Size 4

J.Crew Factory printed washed silk tee in neon pink, here
Size small
Although the sizing is a small in the Factory version rather than the numeric sizing of the original Gondola top, the fit is identical.  My gondola striped top is a 4 and this is a small, so base your sizing off that.  The silk fabric of the Factory version may be a tiny bit thinner than the original, but that's expected and it was not enough of a difference to bother me at all.  The material felt quite nice actually.  Here is a picture of it on:

Nice bathroom shot right?

The top is not fitted at all, which is fine by me...it's an easy breezy top that will be nice for hot summer days. It is not see-through at all, which I was happy about. I think it will look cute with my pink bubble necklace  and white denim.   All in all I like this top and once again I am happy with my Factory purchase!  If you were sad you missed out on the original Gondola striped top, the Factory version is available in the same navy/red stripe.  It's definitely a great substitute!  Nice work, J.Crew Factory.

What do you think of this striped top? Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. i had the gondola stipe top but had to get rid of it because it just didn't fit me right. i do like this one on you; perhaps it would wear different on me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink and orange is like a more casual version of the gondola stripe. You look great in it!

    ReplyDelete