Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Tartan for New Year's Day

Navy schoolboy blazer:  J.Crew, 2010, this year's version here
Perfect shirt in tartan:  J.Crew, holiday 2012
Skinny jeans:  Banana Republic, 2009
Willow riding boot in deep cognac:  Banana Republic, fall 2012
Green bubble necklace:  J.Crew, fall 2012
Happy New Year everyone!  Hope 2012 was a great year for you, and 2013 even better!  I have so enjoyed reading my favorite fashion bloggers' favorite purchases and/or outfits of 2012.  What a great idea for a blog post!  I really wanted to put something similar together myself, but with traveling back from Florida and cleaning the house for a showing today (!!!) there was no time.  But I did have time to snap a quick photo of my New Year's Day outfit!  I figured I'd get at least 1 wear of my new tartan shirt as it's still appropriate to dress festively for New Year's Day, right?  I grabbed this shirt on popback last week.  After seeing it on literally every single one of my favorite bloggers, I of course felt the burning desire to jump on the tartan bandwagon!  I can see why all of you ladies love it...it's really fun, and I'm so glad it popped back in a size 6.  I probably would have loved it in a 6 Tall...but that wasn't an option.  That's ok.  Such is life for a giantess.

Any New Year's resolutions out there?  I usually hate resolutions because I never stick with them and end up forgetting what I resolved to do by May.  But this year my resolutions include being a more organized mom, trying at least 1 new recipe a week, and expanding my blog content/quality.  Not too terribly out of reach, right?  I already have all the boys' bags, coats, gloves, lunchboxes, etc...out for tomorrow morning, so I'm off to a good start!  I'm still having a bit of trouble wrapping my head around the fact that Christmas break is over, but I'm sure it will be nice to get back on schedule. 

Thanks for reading! 

5 comments:

  1. I so want this shirt too - you look great in it! Heres to 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect New Year's outfit! I have this shirt too and it's great. I am glad you were able to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit! I also wore it for NYE, but wore it under the jcrew factory sequin 3/4 sleeve top.

    ReplyDelete