Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Review: Double-cloth slim trench in brilliant colbalt

Double-cloth slim trench in brilliant colbalt: J.Crew, here
Navy pinstripe super 120's pants:  J.Crew, 2010
Booties:  Enzo Angiolini
Pink cashmere scarf:  T.J. Maxx
I look half asleep in this picture, which is kind of how I felt all day.  First day back to work and school after a two week break is always a little tough.  I bought this gorgeous coat during one of J.Crew's recent promos for a steal...$169.99 + 30% off, which is the price right now too.  So if you are in the market for a new coat, I LOVE this one, even more than the Double-cloth metro coat, which I reviewed here.  I am going to keep both coats, because I tend to tire of wearing the same coat all winter and I like that the metro coat is longer.  But for an everyday coat, this one is really wonderful.  First let me address the warmth issue:  Many bloggers had noted that this didn't seem like the warmest coat in the world, and it doesn't have thinsulate like the metro coat.  However, I wore this coat today, when the high was only 32 degrees and I had a very thin shirt on underneath.  I was in and out of my car all day and I wasn't a bit cold.  So it's definitely warm enough for my everyday needs.

Another complaint was that this belt is too short to wrap around the back of the coat and tie, or tie in a knot in front.  That is probably true.  But again, I had no problem with this, as I think it looks much more chic to belt it as it was meant to be belted. 

On the sizing front:  I ordered a 6 Tall.  Some ladies thought the length of this coat was a bit short, but the Tall length is pefect for me, with trousers, and I am just shy of 5'10".  The 6 Tall is totally roomy enough for a sweater underneath, but not too bulky at all.  It fits pefectly except for being a bit big in the hip area.  That's ok with me.

One more feature I will address: The color.  This blue is divine, so bright and saturated.  I LOVE it and I think it will look great with many different colored scarves.  I know a lot of ladies loved the carribbean pink as well.  I didn't see that color in person, and since I have the metro coat in vintage berry, I thought the blue was the better choice.  If you are a fan of blue, this coat is gorgeous.

Hope this review helped!  This coat is a steal right now, with the extra 30% off it comes to $119.  The original price was $350, so that is close to 65% off!  Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

  1. That blue is just classic and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a classic style in a brilliant color! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this cost on you! So pretty to brighten up a cold gray winter day. I need another cost like a hole in my head but I really like the slimming waist on this one. I just wish my store carried more coats so I could try on before the dreaded final sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My store didn't carry this slim trench at all, so I had to depend on some other bloggers' reviews for sizing! I would say this is very TTS!

      Delete