Sunday, January 13, 2013

J.Crew's hothouse floral silk blouse

Hothouse floral silk blouse:  J.Crew, fall 2012 (size 6)
Skinny jeans:  7 for all Mankind
Boots: Coach
Cuff:  Banana Republic
Just a rainy Sunday here with errands to run and emails to send!  Hope everyone's weekend has been good.  We spent it with our boys since I was gone most of last week.  It's been really nice.  We usually like to go out with friends or a date night at least one evening during the weekend, but sometimes spending all of the weekend with the children is more important.  It's hard to imagine now that there's going to be a time when my boys will not necessarily want to spend Saturday nights with their parents...but I know that day will come.  It reminds me that I need to enjoy them while they're still little!

I purchased the hothouse floral top on popback during one of J.Crew's mulitiple promos around Christmas time.  It was still expensive in my opinion...$109.99 + 30% off.  But I've been drooling over this print since it came out, and I love silk blouses I can wear with pencil skirts for work and jeans for the weekend, so I went for it.  LOVE it.  I wore this blouse with the vivid jade pencil skirt for work last week, and it looked great.  I also dig it with these skinnies and boots.  I know I'll get a lot of use out of it, so the cost per wear will be decent. 

Thanks for reading! 

7 comments:

  1. Definitely sounds like its worth the deal - its a gorgeous color and pattern! Silk tops all the way :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Polyester is not welcome in my closet! :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous blouse....you can wear it with so many bottoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yes I agree this blouses gives you a lot of options!

      Delete
  3. The colors look great on you & I like the earrings with it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! Nice top love the color.=D

    ReplyDelete