Saturday, January 5, 2013

Giant love for J.Crew's Giant Bow Sweater

Giant bow sweater:  J.Crew, holiday 2012
Skinny jeans:  Express, so old
Intyce boots in black leather, Steve Madden, here

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!  We spent the morning cleaning frantically for another showing... one good thing about selling the house is it has never been so clean.  Afterward my husband and I desperately needed some caffeine so we took the kids out to shop and grab Starbucks, and this is what I wore.  I bought the giant bow sweater on popback right before Christmas.  At first I was concerned because it seemed so short...I measured it against the Tippi sweater and it's a good 2 inches shorter than that.  For sizing reference, this is a size small, which is my normal J.Crew size.  After I got used to the shorter length I kind of fell in love.  I mean, I know the giant-ness of the bow was too much for some ladies.  But for me, being a lover of all things kitschy and cutesy, it is perfect.  And how fun does it look with plain old jeans and boots?  I think it is so much fun!  I topped it with my wool crepe shawl collar blazer:

Wool crepe shawl collar blazer:  J.Crew Collection, fall 2012

I have gotten a lot of use out of this fun, bright blazer.  It was a good purchase for me. 

By the way, this is my hair au naturale...air dried, with a little Bumble & Bumble hair tonic and serum.  It has some natural wave but not much frizz...I kind of like it.  Thanks for reading!

11 comments:

  1. I have the sweater in the wine/black colorway, it's so much more than it looks - well, that's cryptic. I mean, wearing it with black wool pants or black wool skirt, it looks like a very expensive outfit that somebody planned for me, instead of me saying, oh, look, good price on the sweater and I have enough black pants. Won't lie, the sweater does pill a little. I'm living with it. I decided I can have one pilly sweater at a time, but no more.

    Love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up regarding pilling! I will try to be cautious! I loved the wine color one too!

      Delete
  2. That sweater looks so good paired with nice jeans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I thought it really jazzed up the jeans! :)

      Delete
  3. The bow sweater looks gorgeous with the pink blazer. I have this sweater too and it is so versatile. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm looking forward to putting together more outfits with it!

      Delete
  4. That sweater looks so cute on you!!! I've been contemplating the berry color for while. Hmmmm, might be time to pull the trigger now that it's on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love this outfit! I've been pinning over this sweater, but its never in my size. Seeing you style it here makes me want to step up my sale watch stalking - I think it needs to join the other sweaters in my closet.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Jeannie!

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete