Saturday, October 6, 2012

Reviews: J.Crew's schoolboy blazer in wool herringbone and turquoise plaid boy shirt

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!  During the recent 25% off $150 and free shipping promo at J.Crew, I ordered the schoolboy blazer in wool herringbone.  It ended up being around $120, which I thought was a fair price for a nice, heavy winter blazer.  I ordered a 6 Tall, which I have never ordered in a blazer before.  I get most of my height from my legs, so I hever felt the need to order a Tall in blazers.  However, I noticed this year the schoolboy blazers seem more shrunken, so I took a chance and went for the Tall.  So glad I did!  Here are some pictures of the blazer:

Schoolboy blazer in wool herringbone, color watercolor blue


Love the inside pocket and trim!


Close-up of the buttons on sleeve

Schoolboy blazer in wool herringbone, watercolor blue:  J.Crew, here
Boy shirt in turquoise plaid:  J.Crew, here
Skinny jeans:  Banana Republic, 2009
Willow riding boots in deep cognac:  Banana Republic, here

The 6 tall ended up fitting great.  I love the length and I'm happy for the extra sleeve length too.  The color is a gray-ish blue, which I love.  I think it will look great for casual wear, like in the picture, as well as for work with a bright scarf. 

I've been admiring the boy shirt in turquoise plaid for a while but just didn't feel like spending the sale price of $44.99 on it.  But with the extra 25% off in-store promo, it brought it down to a more reasonable price.  I purchased the size 6, and the fit is TTS.  Buttons don't gape or pull at all and the sleeve lenght is fine.  I can also see this with the double-serge wool pencil skirt in retro jade for work.  It's very soft and a pretty thin material, so you could also layer under a tippi. 

Boy shirt in turquoise plaid:  J.Crew, here
Bubble necklace in brilliant blue: J.Crew, sold out online but check stores

I wore this outfit to a birthday party of a friend of my son's and it was comfortable but not schleppy at all.  The bubble necklaces definitely add a lot of pizazz to any outfit. 

Hope these reviews were helpful!  Enjoy the rest of the weekend.





15 comments:

  1. Oh wow! The schoolboy blazer looks gorgeous how you paired it :) I love this color, its so versatile. Good call on sizing with tall.

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It fits you perfectly! I love those boots too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have lived in these boots all weekend, so glad I bought them! The reviews online haven't been awesome, but I think they are perfect!

      Delete
  3. great outfit!! gorgeous on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this outfit on you. You look great, Jeannie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit so much! Thanks for the head's up on the jcrew invitation clutch--I picked up the pink/red--it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to help! I am seriously tempted to go back for that one, they are so fab! I have carried my green/blue one non stop all weekend!

      Delete
  6. I love both those looks on you! I've been needing a good fall/winter blazer, so thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So chic! I adore the blazer and those boots are to die for. You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, and thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  8. Love the wool herringbone in blue! When I was in the store the other week, I grabbed the wool herringbone in grey but after seeing the blue on you, I want that one too!

    ReplyDelete