Monday, October 15, 2012

I love old J.Crew prints

Silk Alessia blouse in coppelle paisley:  J.Crew, spring 2008
Flair skirt in navy:  J.Crew, fall 2011
Coral suede heels:  Steve Madden
Monday, Funday!  Said no one, ever.  I pulled out this old J.Crew top from the depths of my closet, it hadn't seen the light of day in forever.  Loved it!  I adore older prints from J.Crew, don't you?  I can't remember what this print was named, and I tried searching for it with no luck.  Anyone, anyone?  Leave a comment if you know!  I know that Target did a knock off of this print the following year, and I think a few other retailers did prints inspired by it too.  I also noticed a magazine ad for Target in a Redbook magazine today and it looked eerily familiar to a J.Crew ad.  One of the models had blackwatch plaid capris and a tipped blazer, another had a plaid shirt and a pencil skirt...has anyone else seen this ad?  It looked awesome...but it did look like Target is definitely being greatly "inspired" by J.Crew right now!  I guess we can all use some inspiration every now and then, right? 

I'm working on another non-fashion related blog post about why I'm a runner.  Maybe I will inspire someone?  That's the greatest compliment, in my opinion.  Have a wonderful week!

14 comments:

  1. I love those silk blouses. That's a great print, too. While I haven't seen the Target ad, I know exactly what you're talking about! I've seen the black watch plaid pieces in the store and felt a sense of deja vu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW--the print is coppelle paisley!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I totally agree :) Although lately, there have been a few prints which I know I now couldn't live without, the fresco peplum top we both have and the heart throb print :) Oh, J. Crew prints <3

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, J.Crew prints are amazing, old and new!!

      Delete
  4. I love this outfit, as always! Those heels look so cute too!

    And yes please on the post on running! I need some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These shoes were a steal, and I really love them!

      Delete
  5. I have a cardi in this print from another retailer - I really love the old school JC paisley prints, I wish they would bring some back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I wish they would bring some old prints back!

      Delete
  6. Love the print on your blouse. It's so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the print! This was before I 'discovered' J. Crew. I truly love their vintage prints, which to me seem timeless! I feel some of the prints should be brought back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love jacking off to this picture

    ReplyDelete