Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Schoolboy blazer + flowers

Schoolboy blazer in heather coral:  J.Crew, fall 2009
Floral pencil skirt:  Banana Republic, summer 2012
Cream silk ruffle shell:  J.Crew, winter 2010
Pumps:  Seychelles
I'm so glad these schoolboy blazers from J.Crew continue to be in style season after season.  I realized today how much I have missed wearing blazers due to the extreme heat we've had all summer.  They make me feel instantly pulled together and presentable for work, and I also love them with jeans. 

The last time I wore this skirt I also paired it with coral.  It just seems like the best choice and I love coral.  But next time I am going to challenge myself to think outside of the box, perhaps with yellow and green.

So I'm learning that there are mean girls in the blog-o-sphere.  Now I have yet to received a mean comment on my blog, and while I am so thankful for that, I'm sure it's only a matter of time.  Allowing anonymous comments opens yourself up to nastiness, and I've seen many mean comments on other blogs.  It disappoints me how judgemental and mean spirited women can be towards other women's blogs. If anyone wants my two cents, I think if you're brave enough to open yourself to the cold, hard world through blogging, the least we as readers can do is be kind.  Or at the very least, as my mother taught me, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it anything at all.  Pretty simple right? 

I've been so fortunate to have the kindest, most supportive comments on my blog.  It really makes my day everytime I read one of your comments, and if I don't always respond, I want you to know I am grateful you have chosen to read my blog.  For those of you who have taken the time to post a kind word, thank you.  It means more to me than you could ever know! 

On a lighter note, look which little critter I rescued from the J.Crew sale bin!

Enameled giraffe bangle, here
Isn't he cute?  There was only one of him in there, marked to $49.99.  (The price is higher online, arrrrgh!) I had a $25 gift card to use though, so I only paid $25 of my own money...well worth it to me.  I've wanted a critter bracelet for a long time, and I think this caramel brown and white color scheme will work well into fall.  Plus, the giraffes are my favorite animals at the zoo....something about their height appeals to a tall girl like me.  Thanks for visiting! 

9 comments:

  1. We have such similar taste! LOL! I actually just bought that skirt myself the other day, check out the post: http://what-i-bought-today-tc.blogspot.com/2012/08/beat-clock-40-off-sale-banana-republic.html

    Thanks for a great idea of how to wear it! Love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute blazer! I agree 100% on your comment policy. I've had a few rude comments myself and it is shocking to me that people take the time to write something nasty. Hope you have a great week! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful outfit! The heather coral color is lovely and I really like that BR floral print. I only saw the dress in store, but I would have loved to try on the skirt. Thank you for the reminder of blog etiquette and I agree with you whole-heartedly. Sometimes I find that behind a computer screen people tend to not filter their words as much versus if they are having a face to face conversation. However, there are a lot of really nice people in the blogosphere who I am thankful for! Anyhow, congrats on your giraffe bangle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I liked the skirt better than the full dress, the full dress was a litle much even for me! I agree regarding commenting! And yes there ARE a lot of nice people in the blogosphere which is amazing!

      Delete
  4. Adore the coral! And what a bargain on the bangle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your style and the way you combine the colors!
    Well done spending your $25 on the bangle, I would do the same if I had find one! :-P So sute!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Color is such a mood-lifter to me!

      Delete