Saturday, August 18, 2012

Natasha in wildcat + Telegraph skirt in super 120s

Natasha top in wildcat:  J.Crew, Fall 2011
Telegraph skirt in super 120's, color royal violet:  J.Crew, petite sizes still left here, full price versions here
Bow pumps:  Mojo Moxi, DSW
Gold leather belt:  Banana Republic
I'm a little behind on work OOTD postings, as I had posted the J.Crew reviews and the girls' night this week.  I wanted to be sure to show you this Telegraph skirt, as I have not seen any reviews of on other blogs and I think it's really great for work.  At first the longer length threw me off, it's probably about the same length as my long No 2 pencil skirt...but it felt really long to me and perhaps a bit dowdy when I first tried it on.  But when I paired it with heels, a belt and a nice top, it totally transformed the skirt and now I love it!  The saturated color and material are wonderful.  It's a soft, smooth medium weight wool, lighter than the double-serge wool.  I think it will work well into the fall.  Plus this longer length felt very appropriate and chic for work.

Keep in mind that I am 5'10" and this skirt comes just below my knee cap.  It does come in a petite version though, which is great news for shorter ladies.  As far as sizing goes, I am wearing a 6 but I do have plenty of room to spare...I may have been able to size down to a 4 but I didn't want to risk it. 

What do you think of the telegraph skirt? 

Thanks for visiting, hope you are having a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! That skirt is long - isn't that strange, its almost not a pencil skirt anymore :P Still it looks fabulous on you, nicely paired with that top!

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is very long! A petite size may be a better option for those under 5'8" I would say!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous outfit! and I love your blog name! I also work in corporate world and so outfits usually revolve around that.

    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It took me a while to decide on a blog name! But I love color and I work in the corporate world so hence Colorful Corporate! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I love the mix of pattern and color. Those shoes are too cute! I've been Stalking your blog all morning and adore your outfits! I'm looking forward to your posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you found me! Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  4. I had a hard time finding reviews for the telegraph skirt too! I am also 5'10" and was curious about the length (since I find I sometimes need the tall sizes). Thanks for the good info!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the same exact thing about the telegraph skirt. I bought it in navy in a size 6, but wish I would have gone down to a 4. I love the length, to my surprise; there's something very lady-like about it. The purple is gorgeous though, I might have to pick another one up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the lenght is surprisingly elegant. I am always between a 4 and a 6, but if I have to order online I always go for the 6 for fear of risking a badonkadonk butt...

      Delete