Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Lila Frock + new Kate Spade bag

Lila Frock by Tabitha:  Anthropologie, fall 2011
Violet shoes by Miss Albright:  Anthropologie, summer 2011
Grand Street Melinda Bag in coral:  Kate Spade, summer 2012
The colors in this outfit are so perfect for late summer aren't they?  Verging on fall colors yet still reminiscent of warm weather...I've always loved this dress, and any and all of Anthropologie's dresses that are designed to look like a top/skirt combo.  That means less work in putting together an outfit for me.  Brilliant! 

Here is the new Kate Spade bag I ordered during last week's surprise flash sale, the Grand Street Melinda.  I love the shape, structure, and size of this bag.  The color is a bit brighter than I had anticipated, which I was a bit bummed about at first, since it is final sale.  The color online was called "coral" so I thought it would be a softer, pinker orange. Not so much.  It is BRIGHT orange, verging on neon.  (It's actually brighter IRL than it is showing in this picture.) The color is slowly growing on me though, and it was such a steal.  I carried it today and did receive several compliments.   But I really hate when you order something online and the color is not what you thought it would be, don't you?   Ah well, I still think it will be a great pop of color for fall's camels and browns.

Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous color palette today! I adore your new purse, it looks lovely :) It really doesn't look neon in the pic - and I totally agree with you: I HATE when colors don't match online. Everything looks so lovely online and then I get disappointed when I see the actual color :( Ah well. I hope you do enjoy your new bag - the shape is darling!

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love the shape! At least I will stand out in a sea of black handbags, right? :)

      Delete
  2. OK, love everything, but ESPECIALLY love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These shoes don't get nearly enough love from me! :) I need to wear them more!

      Delete
  3. Although I didn't blog about it, I myself splurged on a Kate Spade bag in the same coral color. I LOVE it and my only regret is that I didn't buy it earlier in the summer so I could use it more. I think you will be very happy with the fun color in time. It is a "notice me" type of bag, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress! What size are you wearing? and what is your waist size? I'm hoping to find it on other websites because its been sold out at anthropologie for a long time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I am wearing a 6! My waist is a 26!

      Delete