Friday, August 17, 2012

Girls' Night Out featuring neon rose denim & Lilly Pulitzer

Roe top in navy out there:  Lilly Pulitzer, summer 2011
Garment-dyed ankle-zip toothpick jean in neon rose:  J.Crew, here
Navajo mid-wedges in platinum:  Jack Rogers
Earrings:  Banana Republic
I was invited to a back to school party for moms this week, and this is what I wore.  It's so true that women dress for other women, isn't it?  The last time I wore these jeans for the blog, I also wore a Lilly top, take a look here.  I've also worn these jeans a few other times casually this summer, and I must say I have really enjoyed them.  Why did it take me so long to jump on the colored jeans bandwagon again?  I had every color back in the early 90's, I wonder if that will be the case again today?  History does repeat itself...

I can't believe summer is almost over and this is the only time I have worn this great Lilly top.  The moment I put it on for the party I remembered how much I love it.   But the great thing about Lilly items is they are timeless...I keep my pieces for years to come.

Tell me, what do you wear for a girls' night out?

5 comments:

  1. our summer is just getting started here - our best weather of the year is september/oct. :)

    for girls nights... usually skinny jeans, a cute top, and flats. i'm not that much of a heel person - we have too many hills here in SF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, our friends who live in SF say that too... I really want to visit there someday!

      Delete
  2. Depending on what we're doing, a cute casual dress (or skirt and tee) and a cardigan or jeans and a cute top. I am too short and hippy for skinny pants though I think so mine are usually trousers or bootcut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great...wish I was going out with you!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete