Thursday, August 23, 2012

Finely Feathered Tank


Finely Feathered t by Maeve:  Anthropologie, here
Black stretch pencil skirt:  Ann Taylor, summer 2011
Peeptoe slingback:  Anne Klein

Every so often Anthropologie has an item that I MUST have.  I've been waiting for this darling top to go on sale, and when it did this week, I snatched it.  My store didn't have my size so the nice SA ordered it for me.  Lately ordering items from Anthropologie has been very wonky...some items get cancelled, you never know if you will receive what you ordered.  I was so relieved when this top showed up on my doorstep in 48 hours.  Plus, a secret many ladies don't know:  If you have an item ordered for you in-store, you don't pay for shipping.  How awesome is that?  Thanks Anthro!  I adore the colors and the whimsical print of this top.  I topped it with a J.Crew merino ruffle cardigan for work: 


All in all, a work appropriate, yet still creative outfit.  How I wish J.Crew would bring these ruffled merino cardigans back!  They're basic but with a little extra feminine detail. 

Hope your week is going great!  We started the school year today.  I can't believe I have a second grader and a kindergartener!  Where has the time gone?

10 comments:

  1. I love when that happens! Lovely top and it looks great with the ruffled cardigan :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was happy with how well they went together!

      Delete
  2. Love this outfit...you look great! and those shoes...LOVE them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! These shoes are classic but they always get compliments! :)

      Delete
  3. I agree! I have the ruffled cardigan from J Crew in blue and it's one of my favorites. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully J.Crew will bring back a new version!

      Delete
  4. Love the outfit and LOVE Anthro's policy of free shipping on orders placed in store!

    ReplyDelete