Monday, August 6, 2012

Chambray + sunshine peony + seahorse

Linen-cotton chambray shirt in fresh apricot:  Banana Republic, here
Sunshine peony pencil skirt:  J.Crew, summer 2010
Double-strand seahorse necklace in vibrant flame:  here
Nude peep toe pumps:  Via Spiga
After I declared this outfit my favorite work outfit of the summer, today I tried to replicate the look with a different color scheme, since I had purchased the chambray shirts in two different colors from Banana Republic at a great price.  While I don't love today's ensemble as much as the first go-around, I still really liked how it turned out.  This seahorse necklace has been quite the player in my summer wardrobe, and I love how kitschy and fun it is without being tacky. 

This summer has just been a scorcher in Cincinnati, so I haven't been able to wear my chambray shirts as much as I'd like.  Today's humidity level was lower so I decided to wear this apricot one for the first time today with an old favorite, the sunshine peony pencil skirt.  I thought all the colors looked fantastic together!  Color is such a beautiful thing, isn't it? 

Many thanks to Roxy for always putting together a wonderful, comprehensive list of Anthropologie's sale items.  If you didn't already know, Anthro did its markdowns today rather than the usual Tuesday, and it's a huge load!  Check it out!

Thanks so much for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. Love the outfit as usual, and LOVE the BR chambray linen shirts. I posted about the ones I bought on my blog -- I bought the green jade and the voltage blue. If I needed a third, I would have bought the one you have on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love the outfit - and that necklace is the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great outfit! I love the seahorse necklace, but I wish that J Crew would have made one in silver. I don't wear yellow gold [or the yellow gold color], so I'm constantly on the look out for cute silver jewelry. Now if only J Crew would make a silver bubble necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to meet someone dress in the same way like this, but yours style looks much better and I love pink!

    ReplyDelete