Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A wrap dress is a girl's best friend

Silk jersey wrap dress:  Lilly Pulitzer 2008
Snakeskin peeptoe slingbacks:  Calvin Klein
I've said it before and I'll say it again:  Wrap dresses are a girl's best friend.  They play up your curves and somehow de-emphasize your tummy at the same time.  It's like magic!  They're work appropriate but can also be taken out on the town.  What's not to love?  I especially love the wrap dresses by Lilly Pulitzer, as the silk jersey material is so nice and the dresses are well-constructed.  Retailers, if you are reading (haha) introduce some more wrap dresses to your collections!

Do you like wrap dresses?

(Note:  I've added a few cardigans to Shop Colorful Corporate if you want to take a look at my items.  I store all of my sweaters in individual plastic bags in a cedar chest so there is no pilling or wear! Thanks for checking out my items for sale!)

10 comments:

  1. Sadly, I have never been able to find a wrap dress that works for me, although I love the look. The problem is that I don't really have natural curves to play up... my 32A bust and 28" waist don't provide much leeway for the wrap tie. Wrap dresses always gape at the bust on me... perhaps if I had one custom-made with an undarted bust, it might work, but that's out of my budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer! We all have certain things that don't work for us I guess! Spaghetti strapped tops and dresses do not work for me at all!

      Delete
  2. So pretty...I love you in green!

    In the last month of my pregnancy, I rotated through three wrap dresses with different cardigans on top. They were a godsend then, but now every time I put one on I'm convinced that I look pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously doubt you could ever look prego but I know what you mean...I cannot wear empire tops for the same reason, I instantly feel about 6 months along!

      Delete
  3. Not sure I can pull off a wrap dress....but you look great. I think I'm too short. But more than that, again the color of this is so beautiful. If I saw you I would have to stop and ask you about this dress. You look fab!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Am! I think you would look great in a wrap since you are an hourglass! You should try one!

      Delete
  4. I bought a great DVF wrap dress on ebay, but the waist fits perfectly while the bust is, well, immodest. It's going back on ebay, I'm afraid. Could you send me the measurements on that Lilly Pulitzer dress and skirt? I might be interested. Thanks! kschwarting@gci.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree DVF wrap dresses don't seem to fit me well in the bust either! Whereas with Lilly I always have enough room! I will get you those measurements tomorrow asap!

      Delete
  5. Hello,
    I came to your blog and have been reading along your posts. I decided will leave my first comment. I have enjoyed reading your blog. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often…


    ReplyDelete