Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Lucille dress + Azalea necklace

Lucille dress in cotton-silk faille, hot pink:  J.Crew, here
Azalea necklace in vibrant flame:  J.Crew, summer 2012
Pink and green floral shoes:  Anne Klein, old
So this dress stopped people in their tracks all day with its brightness!  This is NOT for ladies who prefer to blend into the crowd...because there is no hiding in this color folks!  And combining it with a huge orange necklace only made me stand out more...but hey I'm almost 6 feet tall, I'm going to stand out no matter what, might as well look good doing it.  Ha.  Anyway, for those of you still considering the Lucille, I would say it runs pretty TTS...this is a 6.  I probably could have gone with a 4 but I didn't want it to pull across the chest.  I do wish it were a couple inches shorter, but I didn't find it to be scandalous.  All in all, I LOVE the material and the fact that I can dress it up for work in heels and a statement necklace and dress it down with flats or sandals for the weekend.

So I think I have finally burned myself out on my nude heel obsession.  I am sure I will still wear them a lot since they go with everything, but today I realized I was utterly bored with the look so I dusted off these old pink and green pumps from a few years ago.  Because really, my outfit wasn't quite bright enough without them.

Just as a reminder, please check out my new consignment blog, http://www.shopcolorfulcorporate.blogspot.com/ as I am really editing my closet right now and trying to find new homes for beautiful items that are not getting enough love from me!  Just added a few new things tonight!

Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

  1. Adorable! I did order this one too and loved it, but realized I didn't need it, so reluctantly returned it. I love it paired with the azalea and those cute heels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh don't you hate that? I usually don't have the willpower to return things! But when I do...I know it's for the best!

      Delete
  2. Very cute on you--you know my love for pink! It's definitely not a scandalous length, but I wish J. Crew would start making their hemlines a little longer on dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From one tall girl to another, I agree with you 100%! Or at least they should offer more dresses in "tall"!

      Delete
  3. This is a gorgeous color combo - that bright pink looks really flattering on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was like a blinking neon light all day... but I kinda loved it! :)

      Delete