Monday, June 11, 2012

My uniform

Merino leopard cardigan:  J.Crew Factory, winter 2010, similar here
Victoria cami:  J.Crew, spring 2008, similar here
Striped lightweight wool pencil skirt:  Banana Republic, here
Cap toe pumps:  Tahari, similar flats here
So I've noticed lately that I seem to have a uniform of sorts that I tend to fall back on quite often. A pencil skirt, a cardigan, and a ruffled top seem to be my standby.  Which is fine as long as the uniform doesn't morph into a rut.  I do adore dresses and wear them a lot, the only challenge there is that dresses are more difficult to remix, at least for me.  I need to get more creative I suppose!

Doesn't it seem like every single season the fashion experts and magazines claim that "animal print is in"?  My question is, when is it not?  I think no matter what year or season we are in, a little animal print is a safe bet!  It seems odd that it's mid-June and I'm wearing a wool sweater and skirt, but both items are extremely thin and lightweight and it was cool and rainy here this morning so it worked out.  Hope you had a great Monday!   I've been thinking a lot about what it means to be a mom and also have the desire to remain stylish.  I think it can actually be a touchy subject.  A blog post on this subject is coming soon and I'd love to hear your thoughts as well!  Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Dresses are hard for me since our weather can change so fast. Love the pink on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I once read that wearing bright colors up close to your face will really brighten your complexion...I really think that's true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know when you write the post. I love the topic :)

    ReplyDelete