Monday, April 23, 2012

Bright pants

Schoolboy blazer in heather gray: J.Crew, similar here
 Wool cafe capri in bright dahlia: J.Crew, buy here
Silk tank with chain detail:  Banana Republic (2010)
Leopard pumps:  Nine West, similar here
Necklace:  Gift from my lovely mother
Ah, dear bright purple pants.  I know they may not be for the weak of heart, or color-phobic, but I love them!  They made me so happy all day.  I mean, how could you not be happy in purple pants?  That would be an insult to Barney the dinosaur.  They perfectly matched my orchid so I had to include that in the picture too!  I am totally digging the colored pants trend.  Just for reference, the capris I am wearing are in J.Crew's long length, and I am 5'10".  I am loving how they hit right above the ankle.
I have J.Crew's schoolboy blazers in four colors and I wish I had more.  They are so perfect for work and can go casual too.  I'm a bit regretful that I didn't snap up the maraschino cherry color during J.Crew's last sale.  Maybe someday it will be on popback in my size...
Speaking of shopping, I received a bit of a wake-up call today in the form of an email from my dear friend who is also a health coach.  She helps people work towards reaching their health and wellness goals.  I had alerted her to the fact that I started this blog as a way to keep tabs on my spending and to hold myself accountable.  Basically she sent me an email to gently remind me that I'm supposed to be on a shopping ban...and I've broken it twice!  Ahhhh!  It was tough to read but I couldn't argue with her...it's true!  While I have cut back significantly, and I am VERY proud to say that I wrote significant checks last week that will cover a large portion of my credit card debt, (about a third of it...yay!  Thanks bonus time!) I still need to remember that I want to STOP SPENDING. At least for now... I said no shopping for 3 months!   She gave me some great reminders, and had some helpful suggestions about how I can accomplish this.  For example, she told me to ask myself two important questions before making any purchase.  1.  Will this purchase really make a positive difference in our lives? And 2. Will I regret this or feel guilty about buying it?   I fail to ask myself those questions many times before an impulse buy.  I think just stopping for a moment to ask those two simple questions will help me greatly.
If you are looking for any guidance into how to accomplish your goals, health, wellness, or life goals, drop her a line!  Her name is Kristin, and here is how you can check out her websites and reach her:
http://www.thefreshequation.com/
http://www.freshequation.blogspot.com/
freshequation@gmail.com
We all need a push in the right direction at times.  I am so far from perfect, but I am trying every day to be a little more cognizant about the money I spend!  If only shopping and fashion wasn't fun...it wouldn't be an issue!  Ha.  Have a great week everyone, thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: